Monday 20 August 2012

Aug 20 - Heading to Dogyusan National Park via Janggye


Started off the day with a coffee at Angel-In-Us coffee and tried a toast before meeting Sally and Ryan. I kept mixing up the Singapore and Seoul timings which differ by an hour. Luckily made it on time to see them.

I had a great chat with Ryan and Sally and met the lovable Sala, ( Their cat) looking so cute with a leash on her.

 I would not be able to take a shot of her this time round but eventually would. Took a last picture with Sally and Ryan and I was off.

 The distance to Dogyusan national park was unknown and I just knew that it would be far and that I would probably have to stop somewhere in between. Asking the directions from Sally, I got onto the road pretty quickly.











The day was sunny and hot but in time this would change. I would also get lost a few times along this road, particularly since Dogyusan National park was very big. Somehow I found it very hard to find proper directions to this park as well, unlike some of the other national parks where it was easy to follow and find my way.

 The ride was beautiful especially with the sun shining brightly and the mountainous views though this was to change in a while. The place I would stop by for the night would be Janggye, a small agricultural town which I would only know about as I cycled near.

It started raining at this point and I was guided to a motel by a kind engineer staying at his on-site container. He actually took the effort to drive all the way to the motel to show me the route and drove me back to the container so that I could cycle down.

This would be one of the best motels I would be staying in...complete with complimentary condoms !


Most love motels in korea provide door gifts, usually  brushes, ear buds and occasionally condoms. This was my first stay in a motel that actually provided condoms. Definitely warranted a picture :)



This motel seemed relatively new and the bath tub was large enough for 2 people ! For 30,000 won, it was a steal. They did not provide a bed but double mattresses that could be opened up. For a tired traveller like me, it was perfect.

 After a nice hot shower, I wandered around Janggye a little. Being a small town, it was a rather small community and the market was closed by the time I walked around. There was a small church, which I found very miniature and nice. Most of the places were closed and the fact that the town is in the midst of a whole line of mountains made it seem even smaller.

View from my window
Had a quick dinner of fried chicken and was treated to a bottle of beer by a local after learning of my cycling adventures. Took a walk back to my motel, which was very brightly lit and it was  time to sleep :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment