Thursday 2 August 2012

2nd day in Seoul- setting up GPS

Woke up today with a few things in mind,

1. To come up with a reliable way to navigate through korea
2. To get a pump ( I was planning on leaving within 5 days)
3. To find a way to attach my iphone to my bike

and also to cycle around Seoul and get used to the traffic as well as the traffic rules :) Cycled around dongdaemun marketplace as well as the nearby vicinity and managed to get a phone holder designed for cars. Then went to a hard ware shop and got some cable ties to come up with a phone holder.

The phone holder as I got it. Started dismantling and wondering how to fix it up.

After a bit of modifying and using cable-ties this was the  result.
This is how it looked eventually. Right above my speedometer.
The iphone app I used was MAPMYRIDE. It's a pretty good app except that you still need wifi at some point to update the maps as you're cycling. After covering a certain distance, the map on the app would be blank. During my initial few rides, the app was very useful since all I had to do was to make sure I closed the loop, in order to return back to Bong house. I could not find a bicycle shop so my tyres were still not fully inflated.

No comments:

Post a Comment