Wednesday 1 August 2012

First day in Seoul..Bong House

Enroute to the guesthouse- the lady at the airport probably decided I look like a lost pup and was nice enough to write me a memo to show.
Reached Seoul early in the morning and made my way to Bong House. Carried my 'luggage' to the bus and was glad to know that the undercarriages are really big. The bus journey took about 1 hr plus and the next part was lugging it to the guest-house. Having been there before proved to be a great help and I checked in gladly. Since I was there early, it was the perfect time to open the box and check the contents. To my amazement ( and delight), all was good. Spent the next few hours fixing up the bike.

Unpacking at the guest house

The plastic stand I brought proved a great help. So did the ledge just outside the guest house. Fixing up on a slope was a lil hard though :)

View of the pathway just outside Bong House


Finally ! The only problem was that I could not inflate the tyres fully. The small pump I brought was too difficult to push after some time and it was time to search for a better pump.
Cycled around Seoul just for a bit trying to find a bicycle shop. Bong House is located at Hyehwa-dong, just like 5 minutes from Hyehwa station. Randomly cycling around didn't yield much results. Tried heading to a few places, a fire station, a motorcycle repair shop. Realised the problem was that the adaptors were different. I would have to do with my small pump, portable BUT weak, till I found a suitable replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment