Sunday 26 August 2012

Aug 26 - Cycling down to Jinju

Left  early in the morning after a long night. The previous night's somewhat supernatural events didn't do much to dampen my mood on the new day. It had been an interesting experience but definitely one I would not want to relive again.

Today's ride was to Jinju. The weather appeared to be fine in the morning and I decided to cycle through Goryeong and Hapcheon enroute to Jinju. Little did I know that my stint at Jinju was going to be a long one.

 The ride was pretty easy and I was covering distance pretty fast. Had a lunch break at a decent coffee place called coffee story. The staff were once again sweet enough to fill up my Camelbak with ice water. The air con was really good and an awesome respite after the heat from cycling. I had a good view of the street as well and it was a really enjoyable lunch. It was around this point in time that the weather started to change. The sky started darkening and it seemed almost like a race to shelter from the open roads. I made it into Jinju just as the rain started coming down. It was pretty much a drizzle though so I had time to look around for a  motel to check into. At this point I decided that I was not going to find a shelter to rough it out like in earlier days but find cheap accomodation. Took an elevator up a nice motel ( A love motel) and was surprised when the lady said it was 60,000 won a night. Giving her a polite decline and a smile, I went to the ground floor and crossed over a small lane to a motel which charged me 30,000 won a night. Hot water and even an individual water dispenser included ! The place I stayed was right beside HOMEPLUS, a rather big building. This was something I learnt was useful, being close to someplace with a building that was easy to find. This would come in handy when asking for directions or even when taking a cab back. Daewoong motel was the perfect place to stay for a single rider like me.

Checking in, I figured I'd do some washing ( There was a small basin for this) and I walked down to grab a bite. The rain had become heavier and after a quick meal it was time to sleep. Walking my way back, I looked down and saw various leaflets and cards with pictures of skimpily clad women and numbers to call. Back to busy town !




No comments:

Post a Comment