Wednesday 29 August 2012

Aug 29 - Dinner with Hyun and Min at Jinju city

The weather was still somewhat rainy and I had decided to stay put awhile to see if the situation at the national park would change. The lady at the motel was more then happy to let me stay and always greeted me with a smile. I was supposed to meet the 2 girls for dinner and spent my morning at Angel-In-Us, located at the HOMEPLUS just 3 mins from my motel.

Ordering coffee at Angel-in-us, I started chatting with the barista before finding a seat and starting to read. It was a pleasant surprise when she returned from her break and gave me gifts, consisting of chocolate espresso coffee beans and moisturizer tubes. This was not the first instance when I had been given gifts by people I met along the way though it never failed to surprise me each time. Having spent my afternoon reading, and checking emails ( HOMEPLUS has free wifi), I met the girls at HOMEPLUS and we heading out for dinner at a pretty decent joint called 700Beer. Dinner was spicy chicken and beer and it really was spicy ! Being indian I am used to high levels of spice but this one made me sniff incessantly. Dinner was on me and we decided to head out elsewhere for soju after this.

Sitting at a small cozy place, I had a second meal of sausages and soju, both of which went pretty well together. I particularly like soju and it was great having it after close to a week plus. The girls ordered something and said it was a surprise and I was looking forward to that TILL it came.

 Called Bondegi, this stuff definitely made me think twice before trying. Comprising of steamed silkworms, this dish tasted of an insect flavor and I gave up after trying one. The girls seemed to like it though and ate them with relish. After like 2 bottles or so of soju, we decided to call it a night and Min and Hyun ( my two friends) told me they would update me if the park was open for trekking.

 It had been a great night.



No comments:

Post a Comment